In some regions, the supplied water can contain many impurities, including chlorine, which can cause dry skin, dandruff or allergies. If you feel that this might be your case and you don’t want to experience it further, a good solution would be installing a shower head filter. With this addition, you will receive a cleaner and fresher water supply, which will protect you from any potential harming minerals.
To be able to choose an appropriate shower filter, it is important to clarify what a shower filter is in the first place. A shower filter is an accessory which is attached to your shower arm before the proper fixation of the showerhead. They don’t allow any potential sediments to pass through – letting only clean water reach you in the end. Some homes are supplied with water which contains more minerals and sediments. This could lead to dirty showerheads, which can become difficult to clean. The calcium in the water can clog the showerhead’s nozzles and leave marks on the showerhead itself after drying out. Along with minerals and sediments, the water also contains chlorine. It is not a drastic effect, but over a long-time use, the skin would become dry and the hair may look dull. Chlorine is required for water disinfection, and the water companies do it deliberatively for safety purposes. However, once it gets into the water, it is left there, so every person can decide for themselves if they want to take some measures for removing it.
A good solution is to count on a shower filter. It will prevent most of the minerals building up in the showerhead and will deliver only clean and fresh smelling water. It can also remove the chlorine from your water and improve your health and shower experience. After all, you may still think why would you need a shower filter. Let’s see more accurately the advantages of a shower filter:
- You can improve the health of your skin and hair. When you shower in hot water, the pores of your skin open, which is beneficial for the whole body. However, if the water you are using contains chlorine and other chemicals, then they may be absorbed by your skin. If this is the case, you can try out a shower filter, and you will see that in a short amount of time the health of your skin and hair will improve significantly, becoming softer and better looking.
- The shower filter prevents the chlorine smell. This will offer you more energy and improve your respiratory health and mood.
- Some people which have skin conditions can find showerheads very beneficial for minimizing the exposure of their skin to chemicals. The shower filters could help them prevent skin irritation and improve the shower experience after using cleaner water.
- Of course, the main purpose of the shower filter is to offer a healthy shower. The filter can remove any potential chlorine, which could be very damaging in a re-vaporized state. Not only your skin could suffer, but you could also inhale it, which would damage more organs. In the end, a shower filter would maintain your health and might make you more energetic.
Next, let’s take a look at what you should consider when choosing a shower filter:
- Firstly, think whether you really need a shower filter. Some people want to add a filter to have a cleaner water, while others choose a new shower filter as a step in replacing their whole shower system. You can save money by choosing a shower filter on its own. Maybe you have a showerhead which you like more, and would rather just replace the filter than the whole shower head. However, there are shower heads that come up already with a filter, which is convenient and save you the time on looking for a separate head unit.
- Another aspect to think about is the water pressure. There are shower filters which allow you to customize their functionality under the needed water pressure. If you have high water pressure in your house, you may consider buying a shower filter that includes a restrictor. The restrictor is meant to lower the water pressure in accordance with the law. It will also help you save money and time for getting the desired experience. However, if you have a low water pressure in your house, you wouldn’t need a shower filter with a restrictor. You should consider buying one that has a removable restrictor – which can be detached before the installation.
- The price. You may be asking yourself how much you should spend to maintain a shower filter in your bathroom. The shower filters have filter cartridges which require replacement. You should consider how frequently you take showers and the number of your household’s members. It is very important to calculate that, as you could evaluate the average replacement rate of cartridges, which can show if it is an affordable idea for you.
There are many available options of shower filters that could fit your particular needs better than others. Let’s view some shower head filters, which will hopefully give you an insight into the diversity of the shower head filters on the market.
- Culligan RDSH-C115
The Culligan RDSH-C115 is one of the best rain showerheads featuring a filter. It has an attractive look and it can offer spa-like shower experience.
It reduces up to 97 percent of sediments and minerals, such as chlorine, sulfur odor and scale from the water. It features a WHR-140 filter cartridge, which can filter 10,000 gallons. In other words, you should change it approximately every 6 months.
This showerhead is certified by NSF International and includes a 2-level filtration system.
The Culligan RDSH-C115 can be very easily installed and placed on any standard 1/2-inch shower arm. If you want to be able to adjust its height, its optional RDA-150 RainDisc shower hi-lo arm can be installed between the existing shower arm and the RainDisc showerhead.
The product package includes a WHR-140 shower filter, Teflon tape, an RDSH-C115 RainDisc showerhead, cartridge reminder sticker, installation instructions and filter change instructions. It has everything for an easy installation and enjoyable use.
It features a 5-year warranty, which is very convenient if the unit gets damaged in this period.
The rainfall showerhead doesn’t have any spray settings, but it can offer you an enjoyable shower experience, with its pleasant streams.
You can shop for it here:
- Aquasana AQ-4100
This showerhead contains a shower filter system that reduces over 90% of chlorine and other harmful synthetic chemicals from the shower water. It has a two-stage filter system that uses a combination of copper and zinc oxidation media, as well as coconut shell carbon for reducing a major amount of chlorine from your water. It enhances the pH balance in your water and helps to reduce any organic chemicals.
Some people have claimed that this shower filter has helped them against hard water issues. This unit also guarantees the improvement of the skin and hair health, lowering the risk of chemical absorption.
Aquasana can be very easily installed which doesn’t require a plumber. The manufacturer assures that the shower filter can last up to six months and bear about 10,000 gallons.
It should be able to deliver you the needed water quality and a pleasant shower experience. You can check its actual price here:
- Rainshow’r CQ-1000-MS Shower Filter
The Rainshow’r CQ-1000-MS is one of the most popular showerhead filters on the market. The manufacturer, Rainshow’r, has been in the industry for over 15 years, offering the best in both tradition and innovation.
It can remove about 90 percent of chlorine and other impure minerals. It has a KDF filter which has NSF certification that proves its efficiency. The copper and zinc that the KDF features, trigger an electrolytic reaction when the chlorinated water passes through. It transforms two chlorine ions to a harmless zinc chloride through its combination with the zinc ion. Basically, it changes the chlorine from its initial state into a harmless particle.
It can be easily installed and doesn’t require any help from a plumber, as it requires no specific tools and professional knowledge.
You can use the filter cartridge up to 9 months, which is equal to about 25,000 gallons of water.
The package includes a massage showerhead, which can offer a pleasant shower experience. You can shop for it here:
- Jonathan Product Beauty Water Shower Purification System
This product has 2-stage shower system, that changes the dirty tap water into clean, balanced water. It can remove the copper and lead from the shower water, as it replaces the heavy metals with healthy potassium ions. The results of this shower filter system would be a softer hair and skin – and fresher water.
The Jonathan Product Beauty Water Shower Purification System offers three spray settings, which can be adjusted to your preferences and ensure a suitable water pressure.
You should replace the filter once in about every six months. The installation requires no specific knowledge and effort, which should be very easy. You can check it and shop for it here:
- Culligan WSH-C125 Shower Head Filter
The Culligan WSH-C125 is one of the best showerhead filters on the market. The patented filter can reduce up to 99 percent of chlorine, sulfur odors and scale.
The spray nozzles are made of rubber being immune against clogging and it comes in a sleek chrome finish. It offers a reduction of filmy residues created by minerals in water, efficiently hydrating your skin and hair.
A nice thing about this showerhead filter is that it has five spray settings to make your showers more enjoyable and adjustable. You can choose to shower in a full-body spray for a high-pressure shower, or invigorating pulse for relaxing muscle massage.
The showerhead installs in no time with the help of the included Teflon tape. No tools are required for its installation.
This product certified by NFC and has a 5-year warranty. You can filter the water for about six months, or about 10,000 gallons. The package includes: a WSH-C1245 wall-mount filtered showerhead, Teflon tape and filter change reminder sticker.
This showerhead filter comes at a convenient price and it would be a good idea to change it as often as twice per year if you have more family members. You can check its actual price here:
- Sprite Shower Pure All-in-One Shower Filter
The Sprite Shower Pure All-in-One reduces sediments, chlorine, odors and metals from your shower water. It has a Polished Chrome, which makes it look classy, featuring a brass swivel ball.
It has 7 adjustable spray settings making it a very convenient option, which could offer you not only healthy water but also a spa-like shower experience. It contains an SLC replacement filter, which should last about 6 months or support up to 10,000 gallons. You can install it easily by replacing your existing showerhead.
This shower head filter will deliver you and exquisite shower experience with enjoyably clean and fresh water. You can shop for it here:
- WaterChef SF-7C Shower Filter
The WaterChef SF-7C Shower Filter is a suitable option for those whose main concern is the high amount of chlorine in the water. It is NSF tested and certified which means that it certifies under the NSF/ANSI standard for chlorine reduction. For this purpose, it features a powerful 2-stage ThermalGuard system for efficient chlorine removal.
This showerhead filter includes stationary and hand-held units, which are very useful for a more comfortable showering. It has 5 adjustable spray patterns, which includes a pulsating massage mode for a spa-like experience, rainfall, mist and combination patterns. It also contains anti-clog spray nozzles, which will prevent any further inconveniences regarding the shower stream.
The unit filter is made of plated ABS with metal fittings, which will ensure a long-lasting quality. It has a 60” stainless steel hose, which is durable and kink-free. In addition, is includes a non-toxic silicone liner that is PVC-free and odorless. This unit can be easily and quickly installed and doesn’t require any tools. It features a pre-installed cartridge and a 3-year warranty.
If you need a showerhead filter which would be comfortable in use and will help reduce sediments, this is an excellent choice. It could contribute to maintaining the natural body oils and prevent skin and eye irritation. You can shop for it here:
- Sprite H02-WH-M Shower Filter
The Sprite H02-WH-M Shower Filter offers an efficient reduction of water chlorine and other chemicals. It also includes a reversible filter cartridge that would be able to filter about 25,000 gallons or approximately one year.
This product is one of the best shower filter heads on the market. The manufacturer has earned more than 18 U.S. and international patents, which makes its products reliable and proficient.
The shower filter includes a Chlorgon non-carbon media. This showerhead filter will contribute enormously to reducing any incoming impurity, including harsh chlorine vapors. With its efficiency, it will aid you in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
This unit generates high-pressure water, which would be useful if you have low water pressure in your house. You should also note that even if it can keep up to 25,000 gallons, you might need to change it more often than once per year because the chlorine in water varies from region to region, which can require more frequent replacements in higher amounts. You can check its actual price here:
- ZenFresh Shower Head Filter
The Zenfresh Shower Head Filter is a quite unique shower head filter in our list. It purifies the water by a negation of ion-mineralized spheres improving the mineral nutrients. It features 3 layers of mineralized spheres which will help to combat against dry and irritated skin. The showerhead contains bioactive stones, which will help to restore the oil balance to your body and soften the water.
Despite using only 1,45 GPM, it offers a high-pressure water, which should be enough for every user. It has only one spray setting, but it is a strong pressure, which should also satisfy every member of your family or household. You should replace this shower filter head once per year, to get the maximum effect from the bioactive stones.
If you are searching for a water softener shower head with a filtering option, this would definitively be your choice. It is one of the top-rated Amazon products, which should be able to deliver you the desired shower experience. You can check the actual price and shop for it here:
The reviews have described the highest rated shower filters over the internet. If you still don’t have a water softener, it is never too late to install one. It will reduce the minerals and sediments, which damage your skin and help you in leading a healthy lifestyle. The shower filters are different in designs, but most of them are efficient in water cleaning. You can choose from more expensive ones, which feature such upgrades as more spraying patterns, or you could also choose more affordable ones that would fit your budget. Consider that you’ll have to change them now and then. You could try experimenting with more of them and choose the most suitable one for you. After reading all the reviews, hopefully, you will find the showerhead filter which fits you best.