Saunas have incredible benefits for our health. You’d usually find them in gyms, hotels, spa salons and other similar institutions, where you can use them to help soothe strained muscles, cleanse your pores, improve blood circulation, etc… In this article, we’ll give you an insight into the world of infrared saunas – an enclosed cabin, very similar to the collective saunas you’d find in gyms or salons, but meant to be purchased for home use. That’s right – now, grace to infrared saunas, you can organize your own little spa right in your bathroom, or basement, or anywhere else in your house where there’s enough space to fit such a unit. Infrared saunas are usually different from what you’d see in gyms or salons; most of the time, these kinds of parlors will have a steam kind of sauna, the kind where you can pour water over the hot stones and create extra humidity, which also has a lot of benefits for your skin and health. However, these kinds of saunas require a lot of maintenance, much like any other equipment that implies a humid environment. Gyms, hotels, spas and the like have to clean their saunas every night after the last client; not only for hygienic purposes but also because the humid environment will lead to mold and mildew issues in not time, should often cleaning not be made every day. Infrared saunas do not operate with steam of any kind, creating just a very hot temperature using dry air.
To make sure you have the proper knowledge for choosing the best infrared sauna for your house, you might want to make sure that you know the differences between the most popular types of saunas.
- An infrared sauna, or the units we’re talking about today, is a rather modern kind, featuring infrared panels that heat up certain areas of our body. While it might not exactly fit into the definition of “sauna”, which implies that the unit you’re in heats the air in the cabin instead of specific areas, an infrared one is the safest, and thus most popular type of sauna that people prefer to purchase for home use. They do not provide as much heat as normal saunas but may be highly beneficial for those who struggle with particular muscle pains, or any other issues that require direct heat applying. An infrared sauna also has a number of other advantages, including the fact that, for once, you won’t have to bring a couple of towels if you want to sit or lay down; As the heat is mostly directed away from the seat area, you’ll enjoy a comfortable warm seat without scalding yourself.
- Electric saunas are what you’d encounter most often in gyms and salons. They’re one of the cheapest, and easiest to maintain units, and electricity can heat a pretty spacious enclosure in a rather short period of time (infrared is still faster, but electrical appliances are more effective than, say, wood). Depending on the size of the cabin, they can take between 30 minutes and one hour to heat up to a proper temperature. They’re great for heating up the air in the cabin instead of specific area, and many people opt for this kind of saunas for their homes as well. This is also the kind which allows steaming, as the heater in the sauna, which consists of a grill-like structure with a grid on top, can be covered with stones, which preserve and conduct heat really well, and allow you to pour water on top of them, transforming it instantly into hot steam. This way, the water does not reach down to the electric heater, and the stones make for a great natural steam dispenser. However, as said before, having a humid environment in your sauna is not desirable unless you want to indulge in a lot of cleaning after every use, to keep the mold and mildew smell away. Yet many people still opt for this kind of saunas, as they provide the classic kind of sauna experience, which most of us will be used to.
- Wood fuelled saunas are great for outdoor use. If you wish to place yours somewhere near the pool, in your backyard or whatnot, a wood-fuelled sauna would probably be the best choice for you. It requires some kind of ventilation system, such as a chimney, which can be easily planned if the unit itself is placed outdoors. It’s also more energy saving, and you don’t have to deal with a lot of wirework when installing it. A wood-fuelled sauna is also the most ecological alternative of the three, as it consumes virtually no energy, as the heat from the burning wood will heat the unit by itself. However, these kinds of saunas are fitted mostly for outdoor use, as it the outside of it can get much hotter than an electric or infrared one, and it does need a better ventilation system. You also don’t have too much control over the temperature of your sauna if you opt for a wood-fuelled one, but on the other hand, it’s very unlikely that it will ever heat over a decent temperature.
Whichever of these saunas you’ll choose to opt for in the end, you’ll enjoy very similar effects on your health and physical well-being. Certainly, they do have differences to them, such as infrared saunas being more useful for muscle pain relief, and electric saunas being better for those who struggle with respiratory problems (steam helps with that), but a session of hot sauna in any kind of unit will offer you a lot of benefits, such as:
- Muscle pain relief. One of the immediate effects of a sauna session is the relief of any strains in your muscles – that’s why a lot of gyms have one in their inventory! In case you just started working out after a long while, or just pushed yourself too hard, hot water, air or steam will do wonders for your muscle pain. Infrared saunas are the absolute leaders when it comes to pain relieving, as their ability to hit particular spots with heat is the best approach to this problem.
- Building a stronger immunity. A lot of people in this modern age of ours struggle with weakened immunity. Most of our food is processed, we don’t exercise much, the air is polluted, etc… That’s why our immune system is quick to give in to any sicknesses – do you even remember when was the last time you went through the cold season without catching the flu? Saunas are great for helping you strengthen your immunity, as heat increases the production of white blood cells, which help fight viruses, infections and the like. However, this is also the reason why you must not spend too much time in the sauna – an excessive amount of these cells can clog your blood vessels, leading to ugly consequences.
- Helps with toxin release. Back to bad alimentation habits, a good session of sauna will help you sweat out all those toxins in no time, twice as fast as a normal workout!
- Increases resistance. Besides helping increase the number of white blood cells, sauna will also improve your blood circulation, by putting more pressure on your heart. While you might not feel it, your heart will get used to beating to a faster pace, increasing your resistance to sports and other kinds of physical effort.
- Cleanses your skin. That is the main reason why you have to go into the sauna for at least a couple of minutes before starting any spa procedures, such as massages, peelings and many more. The not air and /or steam do wonder for opening your pores and help your skin take in the procedures and products way more effectively. For this particular purpose, steam saunas are the best choice.
- Helps with weight loss and makes you look younger. While spending 15 minutes in a sauna every day will not do the trick for losing weight by itself, it will certainly give your weight loss program that extra touch, and you’ll certainly feel the difference in the long run. Besides, all the benefits listed above, including skin cleansing, toxin release, and a stronger immunity will definitely help you preserve a youthful appearance for much longer.
While all kinds of saunas will offer you these advantages, you might still be a bit confused when it comes to what type of sauna you should go for. To help you figure out what works best for you and your family, check out these main differences between infrared and steam saunas:
- Temperature and humidity. Depending on your needs and resistance to high temperatures (some people might not be able to take more than a certain temperature, even without health problems), you will choose either a hotter sauna cabin (steam) or a lower temperature one (infrared). A steam sauna can go up to 185 – 190 degrees Fahrenheit, especially if you choose to pour water over the hot stones. A humid environment is always hotter than a dry one – you might have noticed that humid summer days are almost unbearably hot, while windier ones, with dry air, can even seem cooler that the temperature on the thermometer. Same goes on in your steam sauna – if you choose to have steam, you’ll have a much higher temperature than without it. On the other hand, an infrared sauna will be the best choice for someone who doesn’t like a boiling hot environment, but a rather comfortable temperature. These do not imply steam usage, that’s why the temperature inside them rarely goes over 170 degrees. To conclude, you should go for an infrared sauna if you’re not very fond of super high temperatures, and you want to enjoy the advantages of dry air saunas, such as toxin release, weight loss and immunity building. On the other hand, if you absolutely need a sauna that cleanses your skin and opens your pores, a steam sauna will be the best option for you.
- Heating time. If you ever went to a gym where they wouldn’t turn on the sauna unless there were enough people in the gym to use it, you might know that you had to ask the staff to turn it on before starting your workout. That means a normal steam sauna will usually heat up rather slow, taking between 30 minutes and 1 hour to reach a good temperature. On the other hand, an infrared sauna will heat instantly, just with the push of the button, but as mentioned before, the heat will only reach to several areas on your body; to heat the whole cabin, an infrared shower might take just as long, and the temperature inside it will not be as high.
- Price and energy consumption. Generally, infrared saunas are oriented towards home usage – they are smaller in size and capacity, cheaper, and consume way less electricity than a steam sauna. However, if you plan to only use your sauna occasionally, maybe for house parties and other events when you invite a lot of people over, a bigger steam sauna will be a better choice for you. Due to their capacity and size, they are usually more expensive and will consume more energy as well. However, if you plan to use them less often, they will be the perfect choice for you!
As this guide is oriented towards choosing the best infrared sauna, from here, we’ll go on to explaining the basics of hunting for the best infrared sauna for you and your needs. If you decided that an infrared one is the best choice for you, you might be wondering what should you look for in such a unit. To help you out, here are some general features you’ll have to look into:
- The material. Solid wood is the best material you could wish for in a sauna unit, as it doesn’t conduct heat, so you can actually use the seats without burning your skin, and it also doesn’t release any toxic fumes when exposed to direct heat, like some variations of synthetic plastic. Some saunas come with a stainless steel outer shell, for better preservation of the temperature inside, but this is not always a good idea. On one hand, it is usually covered in paint, and this paint layer is quick to chip off due to the high temperature of the steel itself. Next, if it’s not properly isolated, you can get pretty ugly burns if you accidentally touch it. This being said, it’s always better to look for a fully wooden cabin, maybe even a 2 or 3-panel wood layering, which will make for an equally good temperature preservation as a steel outer shell.
- The doors and other glass elements. Make sure the glass on your model of choice is tempered – that means it’s resistant to high temperatures. While we cannot imagine that someone would risk making the doors or other accessories from normal glass, it’s still a safer bet to double check with the seller. Under the action of such high temperatures as a sauna, normal glass can easily crack and break.
- This is entirely a matter of preference and it’s up to you to choose a size that fits your needs best. There are your 1 to 2 people saunas, which you can even fit into a spacious bathroom, and them there are the deluxe sizes, where you can have 3 to 4 people inside of it and might need a whole empty room for the unit.
- Energy consumption. This depends on the size of your infrared sauna and on how often you plan to use it. Generally, all of them will work just fine with an 110V – 120V power outlet, but you might want to check for any specification regarding power usage of your unit.
- Additional features or the fun part. You can choose between a ton of different extra features that won’t contribute too much to the health benefits of your sauna, but will definitely boost up your mood after every session. Some come with LED lights, which make for a great Chroma therapy feature, built in FM Radio or CD/MP3 player will add a bit of music to your experience, oxygen ionizers, backrests, magazine and towel racks, and many more will just improve the look and the comfort level of your sauna, making it a hit with your family and guests.
In this guide, we will present you a list of the best quality products regarding infrared saunas. However, as the models you can shop for are so different, especially regarding the size, we have organized them into 1-person, 2-people, 3-people and 4-people units, bring you several examples for each size. If you already know the capacity of your desired sauna, you can go straight to the respective category. However, if you don’t, you can read through all of them, and choose the right one for you as you go!
One Person Infrared Saunas
- BetterLife BL6109 1-Person Infrared Sauna
This sauna is one of the best choices if you prefer a one-person cabin. Technically, you could fit two people in it as well, but it would feel a bit uncomfortable. Measuring 40 x 36″ x 77″, this unit is about the size of a shower cabin, fitting rather easily into any mid-sized bathroom. This way, you won’t have any space issues with it, as if the sauna is too big, one can’t help but need a whole room for it (you can’t really have it in the living room, can you?)
Quality-wise, this sauna has all the necessary features without being too overwhelmingly complex. It is made entirely out of Canadian hemwood, making for a sturdy construction which won’t heat up too much. The glass on in is tempered, and the metal details, such as the door handle, are fully isolated from the heat inside.
This unit comes with 8 carbon panels, placed in such a way as to reach the areas on your body where you need the heat most, such as the feet. The sauna also has separate heaters for the floor and seats, which run at a lower intensity than the direct ones, for a comfortably warm surface of the wood. The BetterLife BL6109 offers all the perks of an infrared sauna: clears your skin, helps sweat out toxins and improves your immune system.
You have full control over the temperature inside the sauna – if it’s too hot, you have to option of opening the vents, and if it’s too cold, you can turn the dial to increase the temperature of the infrared heaters. You have control dials both inside and outside the cabin, for higher comfort and convenience.
Besides all the necessities, this unit also comes with built-in heat-resistant speakers. You can plug any device into the auxiliary port on the outside of the cabin, and enjoy your favorite playlist or audiobook while you’re relaxing under the hot air. It also has a Chroma therapy feature built in, and it can change into 5 different colors for a dimly lit, relaxing experience.
This unit runs with an 110 power outlet and has a 7-year warranty on the heating elements and electronics, a 3-year warranty on the wood and a 1-year limited warranty on the radio equipment from the manufacturer.
If you decide that this unit is the perfect choice for you, check the latest price for it here:
- DYNAMIC SAUNAS AMZ-DYN-6106-01 Barcelona Home Sauna
A cheaper alternative to the previous unit, this infrared sauna has very similar features and is a really great deal for its price.
It’s made out of 2-panel Canadian hemwood as well, and measures 39” x 35” x 72”. The double wood paneling makes for a great heat isolation, making the outside of the cabin not too hot, and preserving a constant temperature inside. On Amazon, it’s listed as a 1-2 people sauna, yet it would be kind of crowded if you tried to fit two people inside of it. However, being even smaller than the previous model, this one will make a great bathroom option, which should fit well in a medium sized bathroom.
The reason why it’s cheaper than the previous model is that it only feature 6 carbon heating panels instead of 8. However, they are still positioned in such a way as to hit the right spots on your body – legs, feet, lower back and back of the neck.
You have your LCD displays inside and outside the cabin, so you can always set the temperature before stepping it, and lowering or turning it up when you’re inside. This unit will heat up to only 140 degrees Fahrenheit, so if you feel like that would not be enough for you, you might want to check out another model. However, they do state that the right temperature to get all the sauna benefits going is between 120 and 130, but we think it depends entirely on you and your tolerance to high temperatures.
Besides the basics, this infrared sauna also includes an MP3 playing unit and heat-resistant speaker that will translate your favorite music into the cabin, Chromatherapy is not included with this unit.
If you decide on this sauna, you’ll have a 3-year limited warranty on the whole unit, and you can check out the latest price on Amazon here:
- Better Life Carbon 1-Person Infrared Sauna
A very similar unit to the first one, this sauna is also a Better Life product and makes for a great 1-person sauna. As is the case of all the units from this category, the 1 to 2 people thing you’ll see in the listing is probably just a marketing trick; it would be pretty uncomfortable to have two adults inside at the same time. This unit in particular measures 39” x 36” x 72”, is also made out of solid Canadian hemwood, and is a great product for placing anywhere in your house – be it the bathroom, the basement or even a personal gym room.
This sauna has 6 carbon heating panels, placed similarly to all the previous models (you can check the pictures on Amazon for a better depiction, and also features separate heat sources for the seats and the floor, making them a comfortable temperature for sitting and standing up.
The additional features on this one include an MP3 player, a Radio function, built-in speakers, Chroma therapy illumination which includes 5 different colors, and two control panels, both on the inside and outside of the cabin. Grace to this, you have full control over the temperature inside, the light color and intensity, the volume of music or radio playing, etc…
Similarly to the other Better Life Sauna, this one comes with a 7-year warranty on the heating element and electronics, a 3-year warranty on the wood and a 1-year limited warranty on the radio equipment from the manufacturer. While the other two run with an 110V power outlet, this one needs a 120V one to function.
Shop for it here:
Two People Infrared Saunas
- JNH Lifestyles MG215HB 2-Person Infrared Home Sauna
On to real 2-people capacity saunas, the JNH Lifestyles is a great option for taking into consideration, especially if you’re looking for a sauna to share with your partner. This unit has a smooth and elegant solid wood aspect, being made from the same double-layer Canadian hemwood as the 1-person units we discussed above. It measures 47.3” x 75” x 39.5”, being the standard size for 2-people saunas. No plywood or any chemicals have been included into this cabin, making it safe to use even at the highest temperature. The double layering makes for a comfortable temperature outside the cabin and better preservation inside of it.
The unit uses 7 carbon heating panels to provide the necessary temperature inside the sauna. The floor and seats have separate heat sources. You can control the temperature inside through the digital control panel, and the heating element will immediately lower or increase their activity. Besides that, you have a couple of nifty extras you can enjoy on the side, such as music and Chroma therapy. This sauna features long-lasting LED light bulbs, which provide a dim and intimate illumination to go with your relaxing experience in the sauna. Moreover, you can also plug in any device using the AUX port outside the cabin, and enjoy your favorite music, nature sounds, or anything that takes your fancy, through 2 high-quality speakers built into the sauna.
The sauna comes with a 5-year warranty and is a great deal regarding the price as well. Shop for it here if you decided this unit is the right one for you:
- JNH Lifestyles NE2HB1 ENSI Collection
A slightly different design and very similar features to the previous unit, this sauna is also a great model for 2 people. However, the price is almost 5 times higher than the JNH Lifestyles MG215HB, as this unit is a technological breakthrough among infrared saunas, as it is the only zero EMF heater tested and certified by Intertek.
Besides that, you can consider that its features are identical with the JNH Lifestyles MG215HB. It measures 47.3” x 75” x 39.5”, is made out of double paneled Canadian hemwood, and the doors and all glass accessories that come with it are made out of tempered glass. All of these make for a top-notch temperature preservation system, and also keep the outside of the cabin and the doors from getting too hot.
The unit has only one digital dial inside the cabin, which can be used to control the temperature of the 7 carbon heaters placed around the enclosure – a pair behind the person’s shoulders, 4 on the side walls and one behind the person’s calves and feet.
Auxiliaries for this model include LED light bulbs, which make for a long-lasting and energy-saving illumination inside the sauna, and 2 premium speaker which can play your favorite music for you. Plug in any device of your choice to the AUX port outside the cabin, and enjoy a crystal clear sound while you relax to the hot air inside the cabin. You can also control the volume of the speakers through the same dial that you use for the temperature.
This sauna claims to be very easy to install, ready in less than 45 minutes and good to go right after you plug it into a 120V power outlet. It also comes with a limited lifetime warranty, so you can always shop with peace of mind. Price-wise, this unit is rather expensive, mostly due to the fact that it’s the only EMF-free certified unit on the market. Check out the latest price here:
- Radiant Saunas BSA2409 2-Person Infrared Sauna
A step forward from anything you’ve seen before, the Radiant Saunas BSA2409 is a luxurious sauna, which will recreate perfectly the atmosphere of a spa salon, right from the comfort of your own home.
Made from Canadian hemwood, this sauna measures 47.23” x 75” x 39.25”, and comes with a 7-mm thick, tinted and tempered glass door for a dim illumination inside the unit. This sauna can fit two people inside, and it heats through 6 carbon panels placed around the back and sides of the seats. It also includes a heater that aims at the calves and feet of the people enjoying the sauna, for a complete and relaxing experience.
This unit comes with 2 digital control panels, one inside the cabin and another one outside of it. For your convenience, you can set the temperature from outside, step in when it shows that it’s ready, and adjust it however you like while enjoying your sauna. The Radiant Saunas BSA2409 heats up to 141 degrees Fahrenheit in under 30 minutes, which makes it one of the fastest and most efficient units of the kind on the market.
Have you ever struggled because of the lack of fresh air inside the sauna? Radiant Saunas BSA2409 knows what it feels like, and it is equipped with an oxygen ionizer, which claims to filter the air inside the cabin without a significant loss of heat. Air vents are also included, you can always open them if you feel the temperature is becoming uncomfortably hot. Besides that, this unit is a treasure for those who like to bring their music into the sauna. 2 premium speakers will play your favorite tunes, or blast your favorite evening broadcast for you. You can plug your device into the AUX port outside of the cabin, much like with the previous units. Moreover, the sauna even comes with a magazine and towel rack, perfect if you love taking your reading material if you even into the bathroom. If that wasn’t enough to convince you that the Radiant Saunas BSA2409 is the best 2-people sauna out there, count a chromotherapy LED light as well. You can adjust the intensity of it from the control panel as well, and the colors will gradually change into one another by themselves.
This product has a 5-year warranty on the wood and electronics, and a 1-year warranty on the radio. It must be plugged into a 120V power outlet in order to work properly. Shop the latest price for this product here:
Three People Infrared Saunas
- JNH Lifestyles Joyous 3-Person Home Sauna
The JNH Lifestyles is a series of home saunas, that make suitable units for different capacities. This one here is the 3-people unit, which measures 59.1 x 39.4 x 75 inches. It’s rather big in size compared to the previous units, which you could technically fit into a bathroom, while this one might require a bigger and emptier room, or at least a really large bathroom to fit properly.
When it comes to 1 and 2-people saunas, there’s really no point to make them in a different shape than the classic rectangle. However, starting with 3-peaople ones, saunas come in two main space – rectangular and corners. The corner-mounted units give the impression of taking up less space than they actually do, while the rectangular ones are more imposing and make for great statement pieces in whatever room they’re in. The JNH Lifestyles Joyous is a rectangular unit, which is made out of double layer Canadian hemwood and a tinted, tempered glass door. The bigger the cabin, the greater the risk of fast temperature loss, but this is definitely not the case of this sauna, as the double layer wood makes for a great temperature isolation. Much like its smaller brother, the JNH Lifestyles NE2HB1, this sauna comes with an elegant 3-panel glass door, which makes it look elegant and spacious.
The heat inside can go up to 141 degrees Fahrenheit and is provided by 8 carbon heaters, places in a similar pattern to the JNH Lifestyles NE2HB1 – around the upper body and behind the calves. It can be controlled through the digital control panel inside the cabin, with the simple touch of the screen.
Besides these, you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite music inside this unit – there’s an AUX port outside the cabin for plugging in your device and listening to your relaxation playlist while taking in the heat.
This unit requires a 120V power outlet and comes with a 5-year warranty on all its parts, including the electronics and speaker. Price-wise, this is one of the cheapest 3-people infrared saunas out there. Shop the latest price here:
- HeatWave Santa Fe SA2412DX 3-Person Home Sauna
If you think that a corner-mounted sauna will suit your room design better, the HeatWave Santa Fe is definitely an option worth checking out. Despite giving the impression that it is rather small, this unit measures some impressive 53 x 53 x 75 inches, making this a way more spacious enclosure than the previous unit.
As for material, you’re looking at yet another Canadian hemwood sauna (do you see a trend going on here?) with tongue and groove assembly, for an easy installation. The door is made out of tinted glass and is also tempered to protect it against any heat-related damage, such as cracking. The S-shaped door handle gives an elegant finished look to the whole unit.
The HeatWave Santa Fe sauna features 7 carbon panels place in a semi-circular pattern, following the contour of the seats, heating both the neediest parts of the body and the air inside the unit. This unit is also a dream in terms of extra features – so much that you and your friends won’t want to get out of it anytime soon! Besides the classic MP3, Cd and radio system, you have a LED light bulb which offers a chromotherapy function, so you can enjoy a beautiful light show while relaxing in the sauna. The intensity of the lights can be controlled through the dial inside the cabin, and the colors will change gradually into one another. Besides, the package will come with 3 backrests, so you can lean on them and…read a magazine, for instance! If you’re wondering where did that come from, the unit also includes a magazine and towel rack, so you can always place some reading material on them in case you or your guests get bored.
Last but not least, this unit includes an oxygen ionizer, which claims to provide the feeling of fresh air inside the cabin, without altering the temperature too much. This feature will also help you keep the unit clean and sterilized for longer.
If you choose this product, it will come with a complete 5-year warranty on all the details, so you can enjoy it without any worries. Price-wise, it’s a very affordable unit for its size and features. Check out the latest
price on Amazon:
Four People Infrared Saunas
- 4 Person Sauna Harvil Hemlock Home Sauna
The 4 Person Sauna Harvil Hemlock is definitely a great unit for promoting a warm interaction (get the pun? Warm.) and conversation between the people inside, as it places them on opposite sides, which makes for easier eye contact and communication. It’s going feel like having your friends over for dinner, but without the table and the food – instead, you can enjoy all the wonderful features this infrared sauna offers.
This unit has 9 carbon heaters, which make for an ergonomic distribution of the hot air. You’ll never have to bother about unwanted temperature fluctuations if you choose this sauna, as both the material and the ventilation system work in tandem to preserve your desired temperature. This unit is made out of double paneled high-quality Canadian hemwood, and comes with a tempered glass door with an elegant S-shape handle, which gives off that elegant look to the sauna. Back to the temperature, you can set it to your desired on using the dials available – one on the exterior and another one on the interior of the cabin, and the sauna will preserve it for you for as long as you wish.
Essentials aside, this sauna has a lot of accessories and fun extras that will bring your spa treatment to the next level. A color mood LED light bulb on the ceiling of the cabin will make you think of the Northern Lights, while the built-In speakers can play your favorite music straight from a CD, device, or your go-to radio station. Or, if you prefer relaxing in silence, you can take some magazines with you! As there’s no steam in these infrared saunas, nothing will affect the paper, and you can also hand them on the magazine racks anytime, should you get bored. You could use them for towels as well, especially if you prefer keeping the sweat away from the sensitive skin. On top of all that, this sauna will take care of the air quality for you as well, having a built-in oxygen ionizer. This little accessory will also make the cleaning job a lot easier for you, keeping any unwanted smells and moisture away from your sauna.
The Harvil Hemlock home sauna comes with a 5-year warranty on all the parts, and can be purchased on Amazon here:
- HeatWave Tucson SA2420DX Infrared Sauna
If you prefer having your sauna mounted into the corner, but still wish to have enough space to fit 4 people inside of it, check out the HeatWave Tucson SA2420DX. It’s a tad bit smaller than the previous unit, measuring 59 x 59 x 75 inches, but is still spacious enough to have your friends relax comfortably inside of it.
As far as material goes, the last unit in our list is also made of solid Canadian hemwood, with groove joinery and very simple installation. This sauna has the most carbon heat panels among the models mentioned in our guide as well – you have 10 of them organized around the seats. Compared to the JNH lifestyles above, this unit did a great job with the calf heaters, as they are arranged in such a way as to cover the whole wall are for a more uniform coverage. Moreover, if you prefer to have a little bit of privacy, meaning not facing your friends or other people in the sauna directly, this unit will make for a great alternative to the previous one. Grace to its corner shape, your guests can either turn around to face each other or enjoy themselves with a magazine, listen to some music or just soak in the colored lights going on above. As you might have guessed, this unit comes with a complete package of accessories, including an audio system – with speakers, CD player and MP3 plug-in, color mood illumination, which uses an LED light bulb to light up the cabin in 7 different colors, and a towel/magazine rack, which you can use to store extra props for yourself and your friends.
The temperature on this unit can go up to 141 degrees Fahrenheit, and you can set it yourself using one of the digital control panels. This sauna has 2 of them – one inside and one on the outside of the cabin. Not only can your control the temperature using them, but you can also change the intensity of the lights and the volume of the speakers. Last but not least, the sauna comes with 4 removable backrests, so you can slide into a lounge-like position without touching the heating panels (ouch!)
Much like any other advanced sauna, the HeatWave Tucson SA2420DX comes with an oxygen ionizer, which will provide that feeling of fresh air inside the sauna without altering the temperature. On the long run, you’ll notice that it also helps with keeping the cabin smell- and moisture-free.
A 5-year warranty for all the details is included in the package for this unit. If you decided on the HeatWave Tucson SA2420DX, you can check out the latest price here:
To conclude this guide to home infrared saunas, we’ll point out some warnings regarding sauna procedures:
- Never go into the sauna while under alcohol or drug influence. Your blood vessels will be constricted, and the risk of brain hemorrhage will be dangerously high when exposed to high temperatures.
- Don’t use the sauna if you suffer from cardiac conditions, such as aortic stenosis, or are prone to or recovering from a heart attack.
- Don’t go into the sauna if you’re sick with a viral infection, such as flu, bronchitis or the like. The hot air makes a propitious atmosphere for the bacteria to live and multiply, let alone migrate to someone else you might be sharing the sauna with.
- Never use the sauna for more than you can take – if you’re feeling dizzy, weak, or feel pains in the temples area, leave the cabin immediately.
- Build your sauna resistance gradually. While this applies more to classic steam saunas, you might want to use this tip for infrared ones as well – when you go in for the first time, don’t overdo it – spend between 5 and 10 minutes, even if the temperature is not unbearably hot.
- Don’t leave kids unattended near a heated sauna.
- Consult your physician if you have any other doubts about whether you’re allowed to do sauna treatments or not.
If you checked through all of these warnings and have nothing that would stop you from enjoying a good session in the sauna, all you have to do is choose the right model for you and order it on Amazon. Among the whole spectrum of features, sizes and shapes, there’s surely one unit out there that is perfectly cut out for your needs. Go through our recommendations once again and treat yourself to your own home spa – we guarantee that your mood, physical and emotional well-being will thank you in no time!